Lower Southampton Township
Lower Southampton Township municipal offices are located at 1500 Desire Ave, Feasterville PA 19053; phone: 215-357-7300.
When originally mapped in 1692, Southampton included what is today Lower and Upper Southampton and Warminster Townships. Warminster was established in 1703. Separation of the remaining Southampton Township into Lower and Upper took place in 1928. The township took its name from the English port of Southampton located on the English Channel. Graphite was discovered here in 1750, and a mine was established. It operated until about 1840.
Early English settlers were later followed by many Dutch who came from New York territories and settled in the southeastern part of the township.