Ivyland Borough municipal offices are located at 991 Pennsylvania Avenue, Ivyland PA 18974; phone: 215-675-0110.
15 home sales for the 12 months ending 10/31/2016**
Median Sold Price: $350,000
Contact The John McClintock Team, Licensed in PA & NJ
Keller Williams Real Estate, Newtown, PA
National Register Historic District
The Ivyland Historic District is locally significant resource that was entered onto the National Register of Historic places in 2002. It is significant pertaining to architecture as an excellent example of a railroad era village in Bucks County. The district contains an important concentration of buildings that reflect Ivyland's architectural history from its founding in the 1870s through the early 20th century. Moreover, the town's plan, layout and array of residential, commercial, and institutional buildings remain largely intact. The period of significance, 1873-1931, coincides with the age of the contributing architectural resources in the district.
Until the 1870s, the area that comprises the historic district was rural and no different from the surrounding agricultural landscape. Early in the 1870s, Edwin Lacey, a member of a long-established Bucks County family, was intrigued with the thought of making a profit on the forthcoming 1876 Centennial Exposition, to be held in Philadelphia. He recognized that there would be thousands of visitors and felt that a big hotel situated in the country a short distance outside the city should attract overflow travelers, especially those who preferred to reside outside the city during their visit. The hotel could also serve as a stop en route for visitors coming to the Exposition by rail from New York.
See Ivyland Historic District for detail text, transcribed from a copy of the original National Register nomination document.