Dublin Borough municipal offices are located at 119 Maple Avenue, Dublin PA 18917; phone: 215-249-9201.
Dublin is part of the Pennridge School District.
When it comes to variety in age & style of living places, few localities can claim representative homes spanning two-and-half centuries, integrated within a geography of less than 1 square mile. The Boro is home to approximately 2,000 residents. While municipal boundaries are arbitrary and unseen in the day-to-day meanderings that make up our varied lifestyles and itineraries, one discovers that Dublin Borough is, however, just such a place. Within its borders are residences that appeal to the broadest range of buyers.
Along Main Street are found residences dating to the 18th century, with a respectable number of examples built from 1800 through the 1930s. Then there's High Street and Cherry Lane, with homes built primarily during the 1950s and 60s. The 1970s saw the beginnings of more-significant and more formal residential development with the creating of Knoll Tree Condos, and Dublin Acres. The 1980s gave Dublin the Village Green neighborhood; the 1980s, Countryside Estates (townhomes and condos); in the 1990s there was Saddlebrook and Meadow Lane Homes subdivisions of detached, singles; and the new millennium in Dublin was weaned on the background noises of hammers and backhoes creating The Orchards, a Rouse-Chamberlin subdivision of detached, single family homes.
The borough was incorporated in 1912, taking some land from both Hilltown and Bedminster Townships. Some historians suggest that the name Dublin comes from the second tavern built in the village, a "Double Inn" log structure built around a central chimney. There is no record of the village being called 'Double Inn.' More likely, the named for the city in Ireland given the many Irish settlers in the area. Earliest known mention of Dublin was in 1798.
In 1827 the Dublin post office was established and Newton Rowland served as the first postmaster. A distinctive borough landmark, St. Luke's Lutheran Church (S. Main St) was built circa 1870.