Chalfont Borough municipal offices are located at 40 North Main Street, Chalfont PA 18914; phone: 215-822-7295.
Home on New Jersey Avenue Sold By
Melissa Healy | Keller Williams Real Estate-Doylestown
267-218-0000 (direct) | 215-340-5700 x179 (broker)
Chalfont started as a small settlement named Butlers Mill, formed along the bank of the Neshaminy Creek early in the 18th century by Simon Butler. The settlement grew into a village which underwent several name changes until 1869 when the North Penn Railroad established a train station and named it Chalfont. The name comes from a village in England that was the birthplace of William Penn's wife Gulielma. The village provided services to the surrounding countryside and locally produced goods were shipped to the city and other towns on the rail line. Chalfont also became famous as the home of Forest Park that provided recreation and entertainment to patrons who arrived by the trainload from Philadelphia between 1885 and 1968.