Troy Borough Hall is located at 110 Elmira Street, Troy PA 16947; phone: 570-297-2966.
Troy — Incorporated from Troy Township, April 11, 1845, and named for its township. Timothy Nichols built the first log cabin in 1800. The place was first called Lansingburg. The post office was established in 1817 at Long's Mills, with James Long postmaster; it was moved to Lansingburg in 1820. Orrin P. Ballard opened the first store in 1822. Name changed when incorporated to Troy. It was made a half-shire town by Act of Assembly, providing for two terms of court to be held here each year. The first court was convened March 28, 1870, this practice continuing until the Act was repealed in April, 1923. Business section of borough destroyed by fire April 12, 1858. An aerolite, weighing 150 pounds fell here October 10, 1886. Troy High School was destroyed by fire January 6, 1922, loss more than $130,000. Population in 1940 was 1228.