banner search whats new site index home

Sylvania Borough

Sylvania Borough Hall, PO Box 175, Sylvania PA 19465; phone: 570-297-2972.

Beginnings [1]

"Columbia Flats" in the southern part of Columbia township on the line of the old state road became the most thickly populated and the center of interests. With the establishment of the post-office at Sylvania, 1818, the old name was dropped and the village incorporated as Sylvania borough in 1853. Its population was 215 in 1860 and 188 in 1920.

  1. Neverly, Clement F., History and Geography of Bradford County Pennsylvania 1615-1924, 1926, Bradford County Historical Society, Towanda PA
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 11084 • Privacy