New Albany Borough
New Albany Borough Hall, PO Box 242A, New Albany PA 18833; phone: 570-363-2731.
New Albany Borough became the center of interests by the establishment of the oar and handle factory. In 1866 it was laid out in town-plats and incorporated as a borough in 1879. It is an important shipping point on the State Line & Sullivan railroad and contains a rural graded school, two churches, two grist-mills, several stores, a factory, hotel, blacksmith shops and garages; population 315 in 1920.