banner search whats new site index home

Burlington Borough

Burlington Borough Hall, PO Box 162, Burlington PA 18814; phone: 570-297-3978.

Beginnings [1]

The village originally known as "Burlington Corners" was incorporated as a borough in 1854. For many years it was the center of activities in the Sugar creek valley with stores, churches, schools, shops and other enterprises. With the changing conditions, the village long since passed its zenith, containing in 1920 a population of only one hundred and two. [1]

  1. Neverly, Clement F., History and Geography of Bradford County Pennsylvania, 1615-1924, 1926, Bradford County Historical Society, Towanda PA
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 11076 • Privacy