Martinsburg Borough Hall is located at 110 South Walnut Street, Martinsburg, PA 16662; phone: 814-793-3213.
John Brumbaugh surveyed 1500 acres in "Morrison's Cove" and received a patent from Thomas and Richard Penn in 1792. The borough was incorporated in 1832. At that time it was a part of Bedford County. A town was laid out about 1850 with the first house being built by Daniel Camerer and John Soyster. An extension to the borough boundaries was platted in 1871. The borough is named for John Martin who was a pioneer settler in Morrison's Cove.