Bellwood Borough Hall is located at 616 Main Street, Bellwood, PA 16617; phone: 814-742-8591.
Originally named Bell's Mills, in 1930 Bellwood was a postal village and a junction on the Pennsylvania Railroad with a population of 2,560. It was named for the prominent family of pioneers by the name of Bell. Edward Bell, an outstanding member of that family, settled in Antis Township from the Sinking Spring Valley in 1800. He lived there for 50 years and erected a grist mill and a store. For years he was the only merchant in the vicinity. Bellwood was laid out by Doctor A. K. Bell and the name changed to Bellwood in 1877. In 1883 the town contained a Methodist, Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran and Presbyterian churches. At that time there were 500 inhabitants.