West Reading Borough
Borough municipal offices are located at 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading PA 19611; phone: 610-374-8273.
First settled around 1873 when Frederick Frill created a lot plan of approximately 90 acres. One of the first purchasers, George Eckert, bought an entire block in 1874. West Reading was incorporated March 18, 1907 from parts of Cumru and Spring Townships. By 1950 it was the largest borough in Berks County. In 1969 West Reading's independent school district merged with Wyomissing School District.