banner search whats new site index home

Washington Township


Township municipal offices are located at 120 Barto Road, Barto PA 19504; phone: 610-845-7760.

First settled about 1736, Washington was incorporated in 1839 from parts of Colebrookdale and Hereford Townships.

Washington Township is home to a number of resources that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These include:

  • Borneman Mill, ca. 1810/1850, listed 1990; this is a rare remaining example with a multi-purpose structure designed to provide services only for the farm on which it was located, therefore referred to as a 'farm mill'. It's located on Route 100 southwest of Clayton.
  • Philip Cristman House, ca. 1750/1800, listed 1973; a 2-1/2 story stone house built into a bank, typical of regional German architecture; it's located on the Berks/Montgomery county line southeast of Bally Borough.
  • Dale Furnace and Forge Historic District [detailed info here]
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 10117 • Privacy