Township municipal offices are located at 2800 Shillington Road, Sinking Spring, PA 19608; phone: 610-678-5393.
Spring Township was first settled around 1728 and incorporated November 23, 1850 from part of Cumru Township.
Some of the earliest settlers in the Suburban Berks area were the Welsh, migrating from Chester County. Their lands were mainly in the areas of the Wyomissing and Cacoosing Creeks. The Welsh established religious institutions, a grist mill and factories, but their main occupation was agriculture with some tracts of land containing upwards of 20,000 acres. Large numbers of German settlers also anrived in the 1700's contributing to the basic character of this section of Berks County. 
Much of the early industry in the area involved mills along creeks. The most important industry in the Township of Spring, and one of the most successful in the County, was the Van Reed Paper Mills located near the mouth of the Cacoosing Creek.