Shillington Borough Hall is located at 110 New Holland Avenue, Reading PA 19067; phone: 610-777-1338.
First settled around 1844, Shillington was incorporated August 18, 1908 from Cumru Township.
A stage stop at the turn of the nineteenth century, produces building blocks, textiles, lumber, and other goods. In Colonial times, nearby Wyomissing Creek supplied power for mills engaged in making the long-barreled rifles that have won renown in pioneer tales as the 'Kentucky' rifle. Neat rows of double cottages set in ample lawns line its streets.