Richmond Town Hall is located at 11 Kehl Drive, Fleetwood PA 19522; phone: 610-944-0348.
First settled around 1740, Richmond was incorporated in the early 1750s. The exact date is unknown.
The township has five individual properties and one historic district that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These include:
- The Dreibelbis Mill, ca. 1900
- Joel Dreibelbis Farm, ca. 1857; listed 1989; at time of listing the farm represented an intact example of a Pennsylvania German Family farm that survived with very little change since the late 19th century.
- Merkel Mill Complex, ca. 1767/1864; listed 1990; (partly located in Greenwich Twp) significant for its 200 year association to the Berks County Gristmill Industry, representative of a pattern of mills which were part of family farms.
- Moselem Farms Mill, ca. 1860; listed 1990; erected during a period of growth and revitalization of the mill business in Berks between 1818-1870.
- Christian Schlegel Farm, ca. 1789/1887; listed 1992; representative of late 18th and 19th century diversified family farms that changed to dairying in the early 20th century.
- Virginville Historic District, ca. 1830/1940; listed 2000; an intact, linear village typical of Pennsylvania-German influenced rural Bucks County; architectural influences include Queen Anne, Gothic Revival, and Italianate.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 10101 • Privacy