Township municipal offices are located at 35 Ontelaunee Drive, Reading PA 19605; phone: 610-926-4240.
Originally settled around 1721, Ontelaunee was incorporated in 1849 from parts of Bern, Upper Bern, and Windsor Townships.
Located in the township is the only remaining building (Twin Spruce) associated with the Parvin and Davies families; both these families were prominent in the development of the area which flourished during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Twin Spruce (aka the Davies House) was built between 1767 and 1772; it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The property is within the limits of the separately listed Berkley Historic District. The 2-1/2 story fieldstone home was constructed in the Georgian style with Federal detailing.