banner search whats new site index home

Muhlenberg Township

Township municipal offices are located at 5401 Leesport Avenue, Temple PA 19560; phone 610-929-4727.

Muhlenberg was incorporated February 10, 1851 from Alsace Township.

The township was named for Henry Augustus Philip Muhlenberg (1782-1844). Ordained a Lutheran minister in 1802 he became the pastor of Reading's Trinity Lutheran Church. He served as a US Congressional Representative from 1829 until 1838 when he was appointed U.S. Minister to Austria.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 10095 • Privacy