Mount Penn Borough
Mount Penn Borough municipal offices are located at 200 North 25th Street, Mt. Penn, PA 19606; phone: 610-779-5151.
Dengler's, a suburb of Reading was incorporated as a borough in 1902 and named Mount Penn. George Dengler, a prominent citizen of the place, owned most of the land before 1866. The tavern he conducted here was a popular stopping place for teamsters on their way to Philadelphia with grain. The post office was established in 1884, and the town was supplied with water in 1903. The Aulenbach Cemetery was established in 1851, and the Antietam filtering beds, belonging to Reading, in 1905.
The first industry in the town was a carriage factory, which was opened in 1867. Woodvale, adjoining Mount Penn, was laid out in 1884.