Township municipal offices are located at 420 Water Street, Stouchsburg PA 19567; phone: 610-589-5312.
First settled about 1723, Marion was incorporated in 1843 or 1844 from parts of Heidelberg and Tulpehocken Townships.
Located within the township is the Peter Spicker House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It was built in 3 sections (1740, 1750, and 1800). Built of local limestone its development reflects the transition from Germanic style to Georgian style architecture.
See also the Tulpehocken Creek Historic District.