Township municipal offices are located at 1 Quarry Road, Blandon PA 19510; phone: 610-926-4920.
Maidencreek was named after the stream that flows through it. It was settled in 1732, chiefly by Quakers, and erected into a township in 1746. In 1849 the township was divided and the western section was called Ontelaunee. The word means Little Daughter, so-called by the Indians because the creek flowed into the Schuylkill.
The Quakers were the pioneers of this township and the old building once used as a Quaker Meeting House and school house near Stone Bridge, is a silent index of their educational sentiment. They were for education and peace, and it was chiefly due to their friendly relations with the Indians that the people of this township were unmolested.