Borough municipal offices are located at 339 South Kenhorst Boulevard, Kenhorst PA 19607; phone: 610-777-7327.
Kenhorst was incorporated in 1931 from Cumru Township.
Residents section of Cumru township (Fairview, Ridge Park, and Rothfields) were unhappy with taxes and a perceived lack of services. They petitioned and succeeded in incorporating. The name is an invention intended to honor the Horst and Kendall families, both major landholders in the area. Primarily a residential borough, there are some commercial businesses mainly along Lancaster Avenue and New Holland Road.