Township municipal offices are located at 1775 Welsh Road, Mohnton PA 19540; phone: 610-777-1343.
Originally part of Lancaster County, Cumru was settled about 1732 and incorporated in 1737.
German Jacob Dick settled in the area in the mid 1700s. His son, Jacob (born 1783) settled this farm (near Reading, along the Schuylkill River) around 1806. The farm was handed-down and run by family members until 1947, more than 140 years.
Ridgewood Farm was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.