Centerport Borough Hall is located at 110 Callowhill Street, Centerport PA 19516; phone: 610-916-5832.
Centerport was organized into a borough in 1884. The first public house was erected in 1818, and with it was conducted a general store. In 1857 the tavern was separated from the store, and when the borough was erected, it remained in the township. The post office was established in 1868.
A creamery, established in 1891, is still conducted. The knitting mill established in 1895 was destroyed by fire in 1901. A shirt factory was started in 1908. The manufacture of cigars was discontinued some years ago. A saddler shop is still conducted. The furniture factory is an important industry, and the general store the leading business place. A confectionery and ice cream store is connected with the post office.
The granite works, wagon works, implement house and blacksmith shop are just outside the borough limits.
Centerport has been the business place for Centre and adjoining townships for many years. The railroad station, Mohrsville, is two miles away.