Township municipal offices are located at 2004 Weavertown Road, Douglassville, PA 19518; phone: 610-689-6000.
Originally part of Philadelphia County, Amity was first settled around 1693 and was incorporated in March, 1744.
- Browns Mill (Griesemer); eight contributing historic resources, part of the mill complex located along the Monocacy Creek.
- Mouns Jones House, circa 1716, oldest surviving house in Berks County.
- Old St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church, circa 1801, brownstone with herringbone-pattern facade.
- Weidener Mill, circa 1855, along the Manatawny Creek, once part of a working farm.
- White Horse Tavern, circa 1765, located at 509 Old Philadelphia Pike, Douglassville (formerly old village of Morlatton.)
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 10056 • Privacy