Conway Borough Hall is located at 1208 Third Avenue, Conway PA 15027; phone: 724-869-5550.
The area that would become the Borough of Conway was first settled by former Revolutionary War General John McKee around 1800. McKee received a grant of 800 acres for his service. The area was known as "Crows Run" by the native Indians because of the natural sanctuary afforded the crows by the many tall hemlocks once found throughout the valley. McKee's land bordered the Ohio River and extended some two miles inland. The General cleared land and built a cabin for himself.
In 1830 McKee sold 230 acres to Michael Conway who would go on to found the village of Conway. McKee used funds from this sale to help finance the construction of the first railroad between Pittsburgh and Beaver County. By the early 1900s Conway had become the center of a great freight yards belonging to the Pennsylvania Railroad.
A post office (originally known as Agnew) was created in 1881 with Charles Cheney serving as the first postmaster.