West Kittanning Borough
West Kittanning Borough Hall is located at 229 Arthur Street, Kittanning PA 16201; phone: 724-548-8577.
West Kittanning Borough is a town on the top of the ridge opposite Kittanning, occupied mostly by retired farmers and some business men of that city. It was once called "Bellville," after John Cunningham laid it out in 1855.
The terminus of the chain ferry in 1824, and the old tavern at the foot of the hill on the Allegheny, were objects of interest to travelers here in early days. West Kittanning was incorporated as a borough in 1900, the first census after that being the one of 1910, when the population was given as 871. The storekeepers are P. P. Burford, Otis Southworth and J. C. Barnett. The West Kittanning Lumber Company have a large and well stocked yard here. Jerry Gould is the present burgess.