Ford City Borough
Ford City Borough Hall is located at 1000 Fourth Avenue, Ford City PA 16226; phone: 724-763-3081.
Ford City Borough was incorporated in 1889 and within a quarter of a century grew to become the largest borough in the county. Captain John B. Ford visited Manor Township in 1888 and purchased the land on which Ford City now stands. Together with partners John H. Painter, Marcus D. Wayman and Matthias R. Pepper, he started the Ford Plate Glass Company. By the end of 1891 the company had more than 3,000 workers affiliated with its operation. In honor of his birthday that year, workers' contributions purchased and erected of a statue of Captain Ford.