Springdale Borough Hall is located at 325 School Street, Springdale, PA 15144; phone: 724-274-6800.
The Indian town in Springdale was called Sewickley Old Town by the first white people, and must have been an important one as it is shown on a map made for William Penn in 1774 as having seven tents. A 'tent' on a map represented a certain number of people. The Allegheny River makes a great bend at Springdale and the Native American settlement of Sewickley Old Town sat on what is now the present site of the Allegheny Power plant where the best ford in the river was located. [springdaleborough.wix.com, accessed November, 2015]