Sharpsburg Borough Hall is located at 1611 Main Street, Pittsburgh PA 15215; phone: 412-781-0546.
About 1700, the area was home to Seneca Indians. First settled around 1826 by James Sharp, the town was incorporated in 1842. Sharpsburg is well-known as the place where the H. J. Heinz company got started. Heinz began bottling horseradish in his Sharpsburg home's kitchen in 1904.