Bridgeville Borough Hall is located at 425 Bower Hill Road, Bridgeville PA 15017; phone: 412-221-6012.
Bridgeville, was incorporated as a borough in 1901. In the mid-nineteenth century, the area was primarily a farming community. By the beginning of the 20th century it had become primarily a residential community, spurred by the opening of the Bridgeville Mines in 1874. Residents were employed at several area mines as well as factories (glassworks, bolt making, brickyard, rolling mills, etc.). During the 1920s the borough was home to several auto dealers, a diner, markets, tailors, shoemakers, hardware company, tobacco dealer, real estate company, insurance company, and others.
Identity and social life changed dramatically in the mid 20th century after the consolidation of Bridgeville schools with 3 other surrounding districts. The borough's schools were subsequently closed, and social and school-related activities formerly centered in town, moved to areas outside the borough.