banner search whats new site index home

Blawnox Borough


Blawnox Borough Hall is located at 376 Freeport Road, Blawnox PA 15238; phone: 412-828-4141.

Blawnox was founded in 1786 and was first named Hoboken. The home of General Ross, who served under Washington in the Revolutionary War, served for a time as Washington's headquarters. The home was later known as Saunders Inn.

The borough was incorporated in 1925 and named for the Blaw-Knox Steel Construction Company. The company, formed in 1917, rapidly doubled the size of the town due to the steel mill.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 11372 • Privacy