Bellevue Borough Hall is located at 537 Bayne Avenue, Bellevue PA 15202; phone: 412-766-6164.
Bellevue was formed from the southwestern part of Ross township, September 7, 1867. It is separated from Allegheny City by Jack's run, and is about four miles from the business part of the city by the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne & Chicago railway. The most thickly settled part of the borough is along the Beaver road, and is connected with the railway station by an electric road. The site combines healthfulness, accessibility and beautiful natural scenery. There are no manufactures, and the local business is very limited. It is a suburban village to the full extent of the term, and more convenient to the two cities than any other possessing equal advantages.
The Methodist Episcopal church is one of the oldest outside of Pittsburgh, ground for the site having been deeded by Zachariah Blackburn June 10, 1811. Rev. J. H. Miller is the present pastor. The Methodist Protestant Church was organized by Revs. J. Robison and V. Lucas, with nine members, all of whom had previously been connected with the East Common Church, Allegheny. Pastors: W. Reeves, 1866-69; E. McGregor, 1869-71; ___ McCracken, 1871-73; W. R. Cowel, 1877-82; C. E. Wilber, 1882-83; S. G. Applegate, 1883-85; C. F. Swift,1885-. The church-edifice was built in 1866; enlarged and re-dedicated December 17, 1886. The Presbyterian Church was organized, with seven members, January 25, 1871, the first services having been held September 13, 1870. The church edifice was built in 1872-73. Pastors: R. T. Price, 1873-74; S. H. Holliday, 1875-77; Newton Donaldson, 1887-. The United Presbyterian Church was organized May 21, 1872. Rev. S. H. Graham has been pastor since 1874.
The original settlers upon the town site, were Samuel Dilworth, Andrew Jack, Zachariah Blackburn and Erasmus Cooper. Jack was the proprietor of a ferry, hotel and mill, and a prominent man in his day in this locality. The schools of the borough are well sustained. A post office under the name of Bellevue has existed since April 16, 1887, having previously been known as Robella. The population was 384 in 1870; in 1880, 915.