York Springs Borough
York Springs Borough Hall is located at 311 Main Street, York Springs, PA 17372; phone: 717-528-4032.
The borough was organized from Huntington Township, August 28, 1868 as York Springs, and when incorporated, January 8, 1869, the name was changed to "York Springs Borough." Village was plotted in 1800 and named Petersburg, in honor of Peter Fleck, whose store was the business enterprise. York Sulphur Springs, one mile distant, was located in 1790, and for many years the place became a popular summer and health resort. The medical qualities of the water have been highly extolled.
Albert Cook Myers, secretary of the Pennsylvania Historical Commission, noted historian and scholar, was born here. Population in 1940 was 357.