Mount Pleasant Township
Mount Pleasant Town Hall is located at 1035 Beck Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325; phone: 717-624-8049.
Mount Pleasant Township's borders changed little from the borders of 1749, with the exception of land conceded to help form Union Township in 1841 and the formation of the Borough of Bonneauville in 1961.
Most of the area's early settlers were farmers and fruit producers. It experienced steady growth in its early years. In 1762 the township had approximately 500 residents and by 1800 that had nearly doubled, doubling again in the following century, 1800-1900, to 2,000.
A number of taverns, distilleries and mills were developed during the 19th century. A railroad was built through the northern portion of the township. Post Offices were established in the villages of Centennial, White Hall and Square Corner.