Heppner City Hall is located at 111 North Main Street, Heppner, OR 97836; phone: 541-676-9618.
The area that would become Heppner was settle by partners Henry Heppner and Jackson Morrow who established a store here in 1873. Also in the same year, a post office was established. The town became the county seat in 1885 and was incorporated in 1887. The Oregon Railroad and Navigation Company built a railway spur to town in 1888. [www.en.wikipedia.org, accessed May, 2015]