banner search whats new site index home

Pickerington City

Pickerington City Hall is located at 100 Lockville Road, Pickerington OH 43147; phone: 614-837-3974. Pickerington lies partly within Franklin and partly within Fairfield County.

Founded on lands originally purchased by James Looker in 1811, the area was first settled by some of his children. Early on Ann Looker married Abraham Pickering and they built a home (no longer extant) on land which is today part of Sycamore Park. In 1815 the town, laid out by Abraham Pickering, was named Jacksonville in honor of General Andrew Jackson. In 1827 the name was changed to Pickerington. In 1881 Pickerington was incorporated as a village. Pickering was certified as a city in 1991.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 15253