banner search whats new site index home

Wapakoneta City

Wapakoneta City Hall is located at 701 Parlett Court, Wapakonta, OH 45895; phone: 419-738-3011.

John H. Nicols House, ca. 1865, 103 S. Blackhoof Street, Wapakoneta, OH, National Register

Photo: John H. Nicols House, ca. 1865, 103 S. Blackhoof Street, Wapakoneta, OH. This 17 room house was built for physician John H. Nichols by his brothers, Thomas and William. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2010, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2013.

Located along the Auglaize River, Wapakoneta was incorporated in 1849. Arguably, its most-famous son is astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The name is derived from a Shawnee Indian word Wapokanite meaning "Place of the White Bones.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 31681