Wyoming Village Hall is located at 103 Main Street (P.O. Box 183), Wyoming NY 14591; phone: 585-495-6374. The village was incorporated in 1916.
The tract of land upon which most of Wyoming is situated was purchased in 1809 by Silas Newell, who located here in that year and built a double log house, or, in other words, one with two rooms, on the corner of Church and Academy streets, where the brick building known as "Union Hall" was to be built in later years.Mr. Newell came from Hoosick, Rensselaer County and was one of those enterprising men fitted for the development of a new country.
In 1812 Mr. Newell opened the first store, in a small frame building on Hill Street. At that time he had a large sugar orchard on the south side of Academy Street.
The first furnace was built by William Hall about 1816. William B. Colar was the first physician. The first lawyer to locate in the village was John B. Skinner.
Silas Newell built a woolen factory and carding mill. The first tannery was built in 1817 by Moses Rowe.
Previous to the establishment of the post office, the hamlet was known as Newell's Settlement, and afterward as Milldebury Post Office. In 1829, through the influence of John B. Skinner, the name was changed to Wyoming.