Sheldon Town Hall is located at 1380 Centerline Road, Strykersville NY 14145; phone: 585-535-7644.
Sheldon was incorporated in 1808. Attica was taken off in 1811 and Bennington in 1818.
Roswell Turner was the first settler in Sheldon. He came from Pittston (Honeoye), Ontario County, in 1804. David Hoard, from Rensselaer County came next, locating half a mile east of Turner. Next were Range and Marvin Brace who came from Litchfield, Herkimer County, followed by William Vary and Lodowick Thomas from Rensselaer County. Other early settlers included Uriah Persons, Jotham Godfrey, Robert Carr, George Grinold, Joshua Gates, and Simeon Hoard.