Castile Village Hall is located at 53 North Main Street, Castile NY 14427; phone: 585-493-5340.
Castile Village was incorporated in 1877 at which time the population was 869. At the first village election the following were chosen: H. W. Smith, president; John N. Hoagland, Allen D. Thomson and Walter Shay, trustees.
In 1880 the village contained 20 shops, 6 mills, 17 stores including dry goods, groceries, drugs, hardware, shoes and boots, hats and caps, clothing, carriages, musical instruments and furniture. The village had photographer, a school house and a printing office.
The land purchased in what would become the village, was acquired by Ziba Hurd in 1816. The seller was a lawyer, John Gregg, from Canandaigua. Other early settlers included Jacob Kellog, Sylvester Derby, Jonathan Gilbert, Timothy Bannister, Tilly Gilbert, and J. D. Lane.