Attica Village Hall is located at 9 Water Street, Attica NY 14011; phone: 585-591-0898.
The village was first settled in 1802 by Zerah Phelps who came from Connecticut. He built a double log house on what is now the east side of Market Street. In 1803 he built a grist mill, the first in Wyoming County. The first blacksmith shop was opened in 1805 by two brothers named Hossington. First postmaster was Gaius B. Rich, appointed in 1814. Mail arrived weekly from Batavia. Lewis Drake built a foundry in 1828, the same year that James Douglas built a factory to make threshing machines.
The Village was incorporated in May of 1837. In 1843 the Buffalo and Attica Railroad was opened between Batavia and Attica.