New Paltz Town
New Paltz Town Hall is located at 1 Veterans Drive, New Paltz NY 12561; phone: 845-255-0100.
The first settlers, French Huguenots, settled in the area around 1674. In 1677 Governor Andros granted New Paltz a patent. By 1683 a church was built here. In 1728 the owners of the patent established a board of trustees known as "The Twelve Men." They were elected annually until the town was incorporated. In 1728 the trustees were: Simon Du Bois, Jacobus Hasbrouck, Johannis Freer, Jacob Hasbrouck Jr., Abraham Donaldson, Abraham Eltinge, Petris Habrouck, Samuel Bevier, Benjamin Deyoe, Isaac Le Fever, Matthew Le Fever, and Abraham Ein.