Cochecton Town Hall is located on Pump Station Road (PO Box 245), Lake Huntington NY 12752; phone: 845-932-8360.
Cochecton was incorporated in 1828 from the Town of Bethel. The Delaware River forms a part of its western boundary. Near the riverside village of Cochecton was an Indian village of some note, where they gathered to observe ancient customs. The Delaware at that time was literally a river of fish, especially shad, river trout, and salmon.