Huntington Bay Village
Huntington Bay Village Hall is located at 244 Vineyard Road, Halesite NY 11743; phone: 631-427-2843.
The incorporated village of Huntington Bay is situated on Huntington Bay and includes the shoreline of East Neck from the east bank of Huntington Harbor to the west bank of Centerport Harbor. As a result of its isolated location in relation to the village of Huntington, the area did not develop until the end of the 19th century when the rest of the town experienced a tremendous population increase having become popular as a summer resort. Until the 1870s, the area known as Huntington Bay was composed of several large farms. By the 1880s however, with such national magazines as Scribner's Monthly, extolling the virtues of the town, attention started to focus on Huntington's north shore with its scenic vistas, beachfront, and undeveloped land all within reach of New York City via the railroad. Between 1880 and 1920, the Huntington Bay area was extensively developed by a variety of contractors and wealthy individuals. The result was a village composed of large, rambling residences, estates, and planned communities. Due to strict zoning, the area has retained its formal, affluent residential atmosphere.