Troupsburg Town Hall is located at 873 NY Route 36, Troupsburg, NY 14885; phone: 607-525-6208.
In the southwestern part of the county is the Town of Troupsburg, so named in honor of Robert Troup, agent for the Pulteney Association. It was perhaps fortunate for Colonel Troup that this jurisdiction was created in 1808, for had that event been delayed twenty years it is doubtful whether the inhabitants would have been so well disposed to honor the former patron of the region. During the anti-rent conflict in 1830, and about that time, the agent, by reason of his trust capacity, was compelled to assume and maintain a somewhat determined attitude regarding the lands owned by his principals, and the settlers were not generally satisfied with the measures of relief offered them. However, all things considered the town was worthily named. Moreover, it has always been regarded as one of the important towns of the county, notwithstanding its remote locality.
Among the earliest settlers in Troupsburg were Andrew Simpson, Ebenezer Spencer and Andrew Craig, all of whom raised families and were active and highly respected men in the region.