Arkport Village Hall is located at 6 Park Avenue, Arkport, NY 14807; phone: 607-295-7346.
This pretty and busy little hamlet of about 400 population was first settled by Christopher Hurlbut. Judge Hurlbut built the first mill and hotel and was proprietor of the ark which was sent down the Canisteo in 1800 laden with grain. It was a station on the Buffalo division of the Erie Railroad, and also on the Central New York and Western Railroad.
In 1896 the village had 2 churches (Presbyterian and Methodist), a school, a planing mill, a feed and grist mill, a wagon factory, a gun store, a grocery store, a hardware store, a lumber dealer, a wagon factory, a harness shop, a wagon shop, a jeweler, a druggist, several general merchandise stores and a post office.