Pottsdam Village Hall is located at 2 Park Street, Potsdam NY 13676; phone: 315-265-7480.
Sited along the Saint Regis Reiver, the Village of Potsdam was incorporated in 1831. The first elected village officers were: trustees, Jabez Willes, Horatio G. Munson, Sewall Raymond, Samuel Partridge and Frederick C. Powell; president, H. G. Munson; treasurer, Jessie Davison; clerk, Justus Smith.
The Potsdam Village Water Works was created in 1871. Electricity came to the village in 1886. Early hotels included the American Hotel, Josiah Fuller proprietor and the Windsor House, Noble S. Elderkin, proprietor.