Waterloo Village Hall is located at 41 West Main Street, Waterloo NY 13165; phone: 315-539-2618.
The flourishing village of Waterloo is situated on the Seneca outlet and the Seneca and Cayuga canal, 4 miles from Seneca Falls Village, 7 from Geneva, and 167 from Albany. It was founded in 1815 by Elisha Williams, of Columbia County, and was made a "half shire" of Seneca County in 1822. About 1840 it contained 300 dwellings, 4 churches, and about 2,000 inhabitants. With the village of Seneca Falls, Waterloo possesses the advantage of the lateral canal uniting the Seneca and Cayuga lakes with the Erie Canal.