banner search whats new site index home

Middleburgh Village

Middleburgh Village Hall is located at 309 Main Street, Middleburgh NY 12122;phone: 518-827-5143.

Bellinger-Dutton House, ca. 1846, 158 River Street, Middleburgh, NY, National Register

Photo: Bellinger-Dutton House, ca. 1846, 158 River Street, Middleburgh, NY. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Photographed by user:Lvklock (own work), 2010, [cc-by-3.0 (], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2016.

Middleburgh, situated on the east bank of the Schoharie Creek, about a mile south of the center of the Town of Middleburgh, contained [ca. 1872] five churches, viz., Methodist, Reformed, Lutheran, Episcopal and True Dutch; three hotels, a carpenter and builder establishment, a wagon shop, two blacksmith shops, two foundries, a saw mill, a tannery, a number of stores, groceries, mechanic shops, &c., and about 800 inhabitants. It is the terminus of the Middleburgh & Schoharie Railroad, connecting with the Albany & Susquehanna at Central Bridge. [1]

  1. Child, Hamilton, Gazetteer and Business Directory of Schoharie County, N.Y. for 1872-3, The Journal Office, Syracuse, 1872.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 1110