Conesville Town Hall is located at 1306 State Route 990 (South Gilboa Road), Gilboa NY 12076; phone: 607-588-7211.
Conesville was named in honor of Reverend Jonathan Cone, of Greene County; it was formed from Broome and Durham (Greene County) March 3, 1836. It is in the south-east corner of the county. The surface is generally hilly upland, mountainous along the east border. The highest summits are from 1,600 to 2,000 feet above the valleys. Schoharie Creek forms a small portion of the western boundary, and Manorkill flows west through the town a little south of the center. Near the mouth of Manorkill is a cascade of sixty feet. The valleys of these streams are bordered by high and often precipitous hills.
The town was included in a tract granted to Ury Richtmeyer and others, May 6, 1754, and known as Dise's Manor. Tracts granted to Daniel Crane, Samuel Stringer, Walter McFarlane, John Richtmeyer, Christian Patrie and others were partly in Conesville Town.